The Gizmo GZ2 2018 is here and it has been refined to an all new level. The new car is more adjustable, more durable and easier to drive. The GZ2 2018 still features our specially patented designed drive-train system, which makes is possible to have a 100% centered drivetrain, not seen before in any high end touring car.
CHASSIS, Bulkheads and SIDE RAILS
The new car comes fitted with an all new Carbon Fiber Chassis and decoupled carbon fiber side rails. Now included is also more conventional aluminum bulkheads carrying over from the High Traction Conversion Kit, which allow for higher corner speeds and more consistent handling in hot weather and high grip conditions.
Carrying over from the original GZ1, the 2018 version is still built around our highly efficient double spur gear, belt and pulley driven system that allows for maximum acceleration and insignificant power loss. The front end spool and the rear end gear diff are fitted with 35-tooth pulleys, which are combined with an 18-tooth center pulley for an optimized internal gear ratio. New extra low friction belts, ultra light double joint front universals and rear CVD universals are driven by newly revised high grade alloy out drives that are 1.5mm wider for better drive shaft plunge while still maintaining tremendously low rotational weight.
For the 2018 model we have updated the upper arms for more durability and less weight. The Gizmo GZ2 is still fitted with a fully adjustable suspension system; it allows for adjustment of: caster, active-caster, camber, roll center, droop, dive, anti-squat, front toe-in/out, rear toe, linear and active (ARS Type). For minimal un-sprung weight, the Gizmo GZ2 now comes equipped standard with aluminum lower wishbones. For ease of use and lower parts count the front and rear end wishbones are symmetrical. Additionally, front and rear end anti-roll bars are symmetrical in design and mounted with bearings into the aluminum bulkheads.
INTEGRATED STEERING RACK STOP
New on the 2018 version is our integrated steering rack stop. When used in combination with our V3 upper arms (which have integrated steering stops), the steering rack has been made much more reliable, in order to take advantage of the feel and performance of the linear rack much better.
NEW WIDE FRONT BUMPER
A new wider, light weight front bumper is now included with the GZ2. This bumper protects the front end of your car and bodies better, while maintaining light weight for maximum steering response.
LIST OF FEATURES
- NEW 2.25mm quasi isotropic woven carbon fiber main chassis
- NEW 3mm modular Vertical Rails
- NEW Fully Adjustable, lighter weight V3 Upper arm system with different upper link length options.
- NEW Wider Alloy out drives
- NEW High efficiency reinforced kevlar drive belts for high efficiency
- All aluminum parts are made from 7075 high grade spec for maximum performance
- Patented mid motor for 100% center drive train
- Gear diff with 35-tooth pulley
- Spool with 35-tooth pulley
- Front double joint universals
- Rear CVD universals
- Woven carbon fiber shock towers with multiple mounting positions
- Centralized low weight for optimal performance
- Woven carbon fiber floating and alloy servo mounts
- Adjustable Ackermann integrated into steering rack
- Symmetrical woven carbon fiber wishbones
- Narrow front and rear end hex for minimal unsprung weight
- Woven carbon fiber steering arms
- Treaded aluminum coilover shocks
Pictured but not included in kit:
Titanium turnbuckles (aluminum provided), Tape-less battery mount, tires, Spur Gears.